Friday, 26 May 2006

Overheard

Overheard one
In the van, this morning.


Lady #1: Hey, hey (lo Lady #2) did you do facial (face cleansing treatment)
Lady #2: Noooh
Lady #1: So how are your arms hairs blond? Huh?
Lady # 2: Oh, that's called bleaching!
Lady #1: Ah! They look real nice that way. Don't they?
Lady # 2: Yeah! And my arms are very hairy you know, so I bleach them.

Overheard Two
In the Bus, day before yesterday


School girl #1: Yeah! You wouldn't believe what he did!? He raped her!
School girl # 2: Noooh! He didn't?
SG #1: He did am telling you! His mother found it out but no one would believe her when she told.
SG #2: How terrible! But why?
SG #1: Because they're married silly!
SG# 2: OMG, and whats going to happen now?
SG#1: His mother is going to kill him soon.

[Am glad I know the indian serial they're talking about. Imagine some ignorant being sitting in my place. What would he/she think?]


Overheard Three
In the bus, last week


(Woman gets in and sits beside Man she apparently knows.)


W: Hi!
M: How are you? Long time no seen? What are you doing in Port Louis? I thought you didn't work here anymore?
W: Am off, I came here for some errands. I saw X. She was going to the pharmacy and...
M: Really? Is she sick? Its been a while since I haven't seen her!
W: Yeah, she was fine she said she had to get something for...
M: Look at me for a second...

(I sense movement)


W: huh what?
M: Don't you notice something?
W: huh... yes.. no...
M: I'VE LOST WEIGHT!
W: Oh yes. You have.

I plug in my earphones.

"The capacity of Human beings to bore one another seems to be vastly greater to that of any other animal" said H. L. Mencken.

A special thank you to all those of whom I read for being so unboring. No, really. I mean it.


Bon week end à Tous et Happy Carnival of the Mundane!


Tags: :.: :.: :.: :.: :.:

6 comments:

jackt said...

Let me tell you what I did today. I will keep it short. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Nice post!!! :)

kimananda said...

What an interesting combination of dialog you've got here. I was a bit worried reading the second one (clearly, I haven't seen the serial being talked about).

And, I'm here by way of your comments on Jackt's and Neil's blogs. Now, I'm off to read some more...you have some interesting posts here!

Lil Bit said...

LOL! Some funny stuff.
But, why didn't woman #1 just wax or at least use a razor w/a guard if she's THAT hairy? LOL

Lil Bit said...

ps. Sorry it's taken me foreverrrrrrrr to come visit you, girl!
*hugs*

ChickyBabe said...

Hehe... nothing like eavesdropping on the conversation of strangers, and blogging about them! ;)

Fitèna said...

blah blah blah? Wow Jackt! BLAH!!! :-)
Thanks!

Welcome Kimanda! If you're from here, you can't miss that serial! Kyunki Saas Kabhi Kabhi Bahu Tee (ecause a Mother in Law was once a daughter in law)! Thanks again!

Silly me! Lil bit, am going to ask her! :-) Hmm... maybe she does not like the repousse effect!

Lil Bit, Mieux vaut tard que jamais! Right!? *Smoooch*

Oh oui ma chère CB! ça donne matière à inspiration!

Fitèna