Thursday, 13 July 2006

The Fiancé who is eating my friend

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Is she home? Can I go over and see her? Is she all right? I'll text her! No, not a good idea. The last time he replied. Yes, he replied on her behalf from her mobile phone. As it is I don't feel at ease around when he's there. He's cool though. He makes jokes and is quit talkative. He laughs a lot. He's nice really. I don't like him. But it does not matter. She does. She does so much that am starting not to miss seeing her. Because when I do she only talks of him. It's starting to get to me. Why? Because am starting to wonder if she and me ever had anything in common. But we must have.

We used to be together, studying together, eyeing guys together, and making up stories of what our future would be like together and vowing to remain always friends. Friends forever. We made silly friendship pacts. We wrote in each other's memo diaries. Calling each other "Sister". Crying at the prospect of an eventual separation.

Now, no more. We've grown up. We've changed. She has and I have to.

Yesterday despite the fiancé I'd have been visiting at her place, today I can't ring myself to go there. I sit and wonder how it would be like when they'll get married? Not very different from now I tell myself. They're as good as married now.

Am I jealous? I think about all my other friends with whom and whose husbands I have a super good relationship. No, am perfectly all right.

It's that fiancé, he's eating her.


Tags: :.: :.: :.: :.: :.:

20 comments:

ChickyBabe said...

Miam miam?? ;)

Some guys are like that but to be also fair, some girls let it happen. I had a friend like that, like sisters we were, then he came along and he was too controlling and she had to find time to talk to me when he wasn't around. That marriage didn't last long.

waz said...

c'est la vie!:D

Fitèna said...

No CB, more like beurk beurk! :-)
You're right. I guess nothing of this ould be happening if she hadn't allowed it in the first place.
Wow, did your friends hubby start being so controlling after marriage or was he before it?

Waz Eh oui!! And welcome!
BTW, couldn't get ack to you since you did not insert your url.

Fitèna

Mahd said...

I wonder if, when we say, "friends forever", it ever actually means it: A lifetime is a long time for two people to be friends, between family, relationships, moving, and all of the other disturbances of life. A friendship that could withstand those churning waters would be blessed, indeed.

ChickyBabe said...

he always had it in him from the start, but once they got married, that was it! And she let it happen for some time before she started to complain about it.

Fitèna said...

Mahd, that's exactly what it means! But I must admit that with time am coming to realise that its next to impossible! But I always hoped I'll have friends like my father's. People he's known forever and there's never ever been any fall out at any time! Though he'd gone far and they all have their lives, they're always there when needed! But then, I tell myself, it must be different where men are concerned, non?

ChickyBabe, I guess she must have first confused obsessive possesiveness with love!


Fitèna

Adeline said...

Snore. Boyfriends. What a nuisance they are. I gave up trying to have time for them. They always were just that: a nuisance.

Why must women constantly seek to define themselves by the man they got?

Oh! I know why! Because in so much of the world, we are the men we marry!

ugh.

Fitèna said...

Adeline, I never tought about it that way; "we are the man we marry"! Good!

Fitèna

aadil said...

Concerning Adeline's finding boyfriends a nuisance, I might have found a solution for her: turn to girls. ;)

Girls are softer, more sensitive and passionate talkers - guarenteered to enhace your life experiences. (^^)b

Saaya said...

Heyy, this post is real gud!!
I love this style!!!:-))It's like story-telling.
Makes you wanna read more!!!
Keep it up!!:-)

Fitèna said...

aadil,Adeline has a husband! :-)
I do agree with her on a certain point, boyfriends are a waste of time! :-)

Thank you for the compliment, that was me you were describing! lol!

Welcome Saaya and Thank you!
And come back whenever!

Fitèna

Adeline said...

Caramba Aadil! I am scandalized. haha. ok not really. I could really have a conversation about this comment though... Are you suggesting I become a lesbian to avoid irritating boyfriends? how can I not laugh at this! thankyou aadil for the laugh. now I will go to your blog.

aadil said...

Fitena, she has a husband? Oh, man - the poor fellow! ;)

Adeline, you can switch to lesbianism gradually instead of all of a sudden; like trying it out. Amateur mud wrestling with people of the same sex is generally the first step. (^^)b

Else, yes I was kidding. But it's always nice to have someone who understands dark humour.

Leave a comment if you can when you visit my blog. :)

Fitèna said...

Mud wrestling? Realy aadil! aap bhee nan!

Fitèna

aadil said...

Nahin Fitena, mein mud wrestling ses nahin kardo.

Fitèna said...

Phir kya kerte hain aap?

aadil said...

Haha. Why don't we just stick to plain old English? It will be easier on the other readers. ;p

Adeline said...

Aadil, disarm! No making fun of me! You hardly know me!

and how in the hell does one leave a comment on your blog anyway??

Fitèna said...

Aadil you started it! ooops... twas me! :-)

Adeline, worry not my dear! He said nothing intersting our Aadil! Specially nothing about you! ;-)
You leave a comment on Aadil's blog by clicking on the number next to the title (up and grey)!

Fitèna

aadil said...

Hehe.