Monday, 18 September 2006

Trade in time

[This has been borrowed from
joek-s.com.
It clearly illustrates my current how am doing!]

"If my body were a car, this is the time I would be thinking about trading it in for a newer model.

I have lumps and dents and scratches in my finish, and my paint job is getting a little dull - but that's not the worst of it.

My fenders are too wide to be considered stylish. They were once as sleek as a little MG - now they look more like my mom's old Buick.

My seat cushions have split open at the seams. My seats are sagging.

Seat belts? I gave up all belts when Ben & Jerry's opened a shop in my neighbourhood.

Air bags? Forget it. The only bags I have these days are under my eyes. Not counting the saddlebags, of course.

I have soooooo many miles on my odometer. Sure, I've been many places and seen many things, but when is the last time an appraiser factored life experiences against depreciation?

My headlights are out of focus and it's especially hard to see things up close.

My reaction is not as graceful as it once was.

I slip and slide and skid and bump into things even in the best of weather.

My whitewalls are stained with varicose veins.

It takes me hours to reach my maximum speed.

I'm burning fuel at an inefficient rate.

But here's the worst of it: almost every time I sneeze, cough or sputter, I leak fluids.

I'm so ready for a trade in!

Anyone know where I can get a good deal?"

All things considered, am not really doing as bad as that!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tags: :.: :.: :.: :.:

23 comments:

Margaret said...

If only I could make my body burn fuel at an inefficient rate... it's become an expert at storing for the long winter.

Roberta said...

I love your pictures!

aadil said...

Margaret, your plea has touched my heart. I am willing to donate my annual excess fat to your heart-warming cause. Get ready for the transfusion - prepare some paper cups and thick straws. ;D

Fitèna said...

Margaret, You too? lol!

Roberta, I love the fact that you love my pictures :-)

aadil, am going over to Margaret's! Am sure she'll be real touched to hear this! You're so very nice! :-)

Fitèna

waz said...

hmmm, i've these momentz as well!
usually has to do with my diet...
hope u r feelin better now!
btw, my new blog is here and it's still same me doing the same old babbling business :D
ve a good week Fitena!
i'll get a good trade-in place for ya asap :P

fringes said...

I followed you from Neil's blog today, although I've been enjoying your contributions in his comments for a while now. Lovely space you have here.

Anonymous said...

You have been tagged! Your mission, if you are to accept it, is to blog about seven tubes you are currently listening to and to tag 'seven' other bloggers with similar mission objective. Waz
see here

Anonymous said...

hi Fitena,
looks like everybody wants to kill me zese days! :D
i don't know the rules either but i think it has to do with the latest 7 songs one is currently listenin to...
have fun! :)
Waz

Anonymous said...

This is funny! And why does it seem like everyone on the blogosphere things that their, erm, fenders are a bit too big? I feel that way, too.

Fitèna said...

waz, Oh feeling swell now thank you :-)
I checked the new one and I must say i prefer it to MySpace where I was sorta lost!

Welcome! Bienvenue! fringes, stalkin me? :-)
Thank you and I liked yours too!

Waz grrrrrr! lol! Sure, will do it I do't promise it'll be in the coming days though! But I'll do it!

Waz, who else apart me?! Me and whoever aught to meet and discuss how to go about this!
Definitely the songs and more so the linking!

kim, I guess its got to do with the perpetual insatisfaction of the human kind!

Fitèna

Jaeboy said...

hey there *en dehour context* Lash ti mention ena sa meeting bann mauritian blogs la, to p vien sa?

aadil said...

There was supposed to be a get-together last Saturday and since I was too busy for the preparations I ask Lash to do it. Unfortunately, turned out he was busy too.

Worry not as I will organize a local bloggers' meeting after Ramadan. It's an old project of mine.

Fitèna said...

Jaeboy, aoui, I met Lovena and she did mention but unfortunately seems like everyone was busy, at least I was! Aadil, me and she have already met and a couple of other guys, dunno whether they blog or not! Be coming though, for the next get together!

aadil, yep! After eid now!Who's this Lash dude?
I'll call up a couple of others I know!

Fitèna

aadil said...

He's some dude whom I havent met. :)

After Eid then.

Anonymous said...

hmmm, you may want to check on Hans..he is ze dude who is always startin zese blog tag games...he is blogging at blogosquare
and his entry 7tube

don't worry Fitena! it's just a game n you don't have to if you're busy...

take care

imagined-community said...

! Yeah, my fenders used to be a lot slimmer. And my seats are definitely sagging: )

Adeline said...

Thank GOD! you are too young for this Fitena!


aadil, yuk!

can we have the party in portland?

Fitèna said...

aadil, yeppers! Catch ya then and Ramadan Mubarak!

Waz, going to see your guy and have a word or two with him! :-)
Oh, its a game!? Thank you for telling me! Wow! I had no idea! lol! pulling your leg here!

imagined-community, thank God for esthetic surgery!
Wait a minute * looking for Stalonne's mum pic on the internet* yuk, no esthetic surgery, go natural!

Adeline, and how old are you huh!? lol!

Oh but that's just aadil eing aadil dear! :-)

Are you sending us travel tickets! You're so sweet!

Fitèna

aadil said...

Am still waiting for Margaret's anwer. I think I scared her with my sincere intentions. :S

Sure we could make the get together in Portland - I wouldn't mind visiting the SuicideGirls headquarters there for some free schwag. ^^

rolly said...

just to say hello to you

Anonymous said...

"going to see your guy and have a word or two with him!" -
hopefully, it's not somethin like "dude bcoz of u i got tagged! i'm goin to kill you!" :P

Adeline said...

I have at least 10 years on you, I just can't bring myself to act it usually.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Fitena,
but hey, surprise, you have been tagged yet again! :D
see here