Friday, 19 January 2007

Carnival of the Mundane

Does being happy means feeling good? Can one be Happy and not feel good? Would my not laughing at your jokes make me an unhappy person? Or does my laughing all the time is just a front to hide this unhappiness I feel deep inside? I don't know. Do you?


What's happiness anyway? The dictionary does not help because what its definition of happiness does not fit mine, would it fit yours? I don't know. Let's find out.


What makes Claire happy is eating Tacos. Thats what I thought when I read the title of her post. When I read the post I realized it was finally seeing the bear. She even waved to it and said “Hi”. The story doesn't say if it waved back, that would have made me very happy!


Random Yak and I could become best friends if we lived near each other. We'd try to solve some weird traffic movements on each other's blog, and write a book on the subject and maybe even include some pictures to thank those who came in for the nude photos for inspiring us. (There are no nude photos of Yak of course)


Your friend is “your need answered... for you to come to him with your hunger, and you seek him for peace.” Chicky Babe says it even more beautifully here. Just take the hand reaching out for you when its there. Grief needs to be divided and joys multiplied. Two is a very good number.


Aren't we all coming to the conclusion that we can write about Happiness? That every country song doesn't necessarily need to end up with a broken marriage, family, guitar? Why, wouldn't hearing “Marriage Catch” sang by Mad Kane make you merry!?


Why should we need to define it huh? We can't! Each one of us has its own definition of what it is. What it means to Aulelia might not necessarily be what it means to you and so what, let us raise a toast to her 100% pure happiness with pulp! She's happy, right?


*Sigh* Let's all now sit here with Lil Bit and chuuuuut, wait for it....What? The Butterfly of course...




13 comments:

Fitèna said...

Dear all!
A big thank you for your contributions! May Happiness always accompany you.

Fitèna

Adeline said...

Fitena, duh, everyone knows that happiness is coffee or tea.

or then maybe not. it is a good question.

happiness is peace. happiness is that everything is going to be okay.

Neil said...

I thought happiness was blogging?

Phil said...

What a great idea Fitena! Loved reading the posts and look forward to future carnivals!

Fitèna said...

Adeline, right! And chocolate and orange juice too! Yes,happiness is knowing that everything is going to be okay.

Neil, happiness is blogging!

Phil thank you loads! Am glad you appreciated reading the posts. The credit of the Carnival of the Mundane goes to: http://carnivalofthemundane.blogspot.com/

Fitèna

ChickyBabe said...

Loved the drawing! Bravo!

Lil said...

Excellent idea! - and enjoyed taking part.

*still waiting*
Shhh. ;)

Fitèna said...

ChickyBabe,Merci beaucoup my dear!
:-)

Lil, I enjoyed having you here too!
*It'll come... see, its here*
Shhh. ;)

Egan said...

I think laughing all the time is good, but there are some who laugh out of nervousness. I have a co-worker who I don't trust based on his incessant laughing. It's a distrustful laugh.

Happiness is so hard to define.

jennifer said...

I think I can be sad and happy, but if not feeling good is being sick, well, than I don't think you can feel bad and be happy.

I think there are different shades of happiness. there is the sparkly bright yellow happiness of laughing with people you like, the orange of dancing, the pale blue of laying in bed, and the cool green of walking in the woods. Hmnn. and there is the happiness of drinking coffee : )

Fitèna said...

Egan, you're definitely right here! I believe tha everything can be faked; an attitude etc but not laughter. When it comes from the heart, you just know it.

jennifer, "I think there are different shades of happiness. there is the sparkly bright yellow happiness of laughing with people you like, the orange of dancing, the pale blue of laying in bed, and the cool green of walking in the woods", this is very beautiful!

Fitèna

Justine said...

Hello Fitena,
On the topic, but not what you asked, I read a paper recently about levels of self-reported happiness and the impact (or at least the strength of the correlation with) on health. It was found that people with a higher "base-level" of happiness recover faster from serious illnesses.
So, everybody work on your laugh-lines! (I saw The Producers recently and thought it was a hoot, if you need something to get you started)
*->
Justine.

Fitèna said...

Justine, laughter is the best medecine they say! And you apparently lose calories while laughing! so much more reason to lol!

Fitèna