Thursday, 19 February 2009

Facebook

I cannot believe it's been a year since I last blogged; 18th february 2008. Is it that I had nothing to say? Was the urge to write no longer there? Did I find another receptacle for the thoughts rattling in my head? No. I found facebook.

On facebook, I have been doing a lot of thigs:

1. Poking (its not at harsh as it sounds). You poke your friend. He gets notified that you'd just poked him. He pokes you back. You get notified that he'd just poked you back so you go and repoke him and he rerepokes you. To make a long story short, the poking can go on forever.

2. Chatting to friends, relatives or whoever you wanna talk to provided they are online. Well, some of them happen to be online but chose the invisible mode because they don't want to talk to you.

3. Adding friends and being added by friends whose friends want to add me and since I don't know them I don't add them. Only there is no "Don't Add" tab on facebook. It just says "Ignore". I've been ignoring a lot of people. Not very nice.

4. Commenting on my friends' pictures, notes, posts. That's neat.

5. Joining Groups. There are totally useless groups like RGLS which is actually Ridiculously Good Looking Sudanese - am a member - and serious groups like - Stop FGM (Female Genital Mutilation). You get to learn a lot.

But the most important thing is that Facebook did do me a big favour. It made me reconnect with family I haven't seen for 20 years. I've just been too busy keeping myself updated to blog.

Tags: :.: :.: :.:

3 comments:

Winters said...

Hello Fiténa!

What a strange coincidence. I have also just returned to the blog-world after a year's break, and am trying to catch up with old friends, such as yourself. It's good to be back, and I hope all is well with you!

Winters

morinn said...

Hello, I've just discovered your blog. I've recently come out from a blogging hibernation as well and I got back to blogging last week. Keep posting. :P

Adeline said...

have missed you fitena, was just about to delete your link cos i thought you had abandoned ship, but come see me, and perhaps we can meet up on facebook